Gregg's Full-Fat Goulash
This is a modified version of a recipe I found in a cookbook published
by the place where Kim used to work. In fact, her boss is the
one who came up with the basic recipe -- credit her, not me, for
the fact that this stuff kicks butt. It is, however, very filling.
One bowl of this, served over wide noodles, will probably finish
you for the evening. It's best not to nosh beforehand.
- 3 pounds stewing beef
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage or something similar
- 6 tablespoons flour -- even Bisquick will work just fine
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (14.5 oz, or thereabouts) tomato puree
- 2 cans (14.5 oz, or thereabouts) beef stock
- 2 medium onions -- i.e., white or yellow
- 4 cloves garlic
Last updated 7/15/96
- Combine flour, garlic salt, paprika, pepper, and meat.
- Brown in butter quickly.
- Add onions, garlic, tomato puree, and stock.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for three or four hours.
- Optional: serve topped with sour cream and green onions.
Gregg Pearlman, gregg@EEEEEEgp.com
Back to It's Not the Giants