Gregg's Moronic Sports Questions
by Gregg Pearlman
Every so often some question about sports -- especially a sport I know less well than baseball (or, in other words, any sport except baseball) -- will pop into my head. Usually I'll pose it to EEEEEE! Contributing Editor David Beck, who, like clockwork, will reply that only I could come up with such a question.
I hope to add to this list. If you can think of any -- and I'm not talking about the "How come you drive on a parkway and park in a driveway?" variety, here -- please let me know.
- Would you rather be first and goal from the 9-1/2 yard line, or first and 10 from the 10-1/2?
- How come you never see a football team penalized for having too few men on the field?
- How come you never see a team penalized for having too many men on the court? In basketball or tennis?
- Who holds the record for most tackles by a quarterback? And is he proud of this record?
- Have you ever noticed that the referee signal for "illegal forward pass" is the same as the signal for "excessive flatulence"?
- Which is more perfect: A perfect game with 27 pitches thrown, or a perfect game with 81 strikes thrown? (Marie Cannon)
Copyright ©1997 by Gregg Pearlman
Last updated 5/27/98
Gregg Pearlman, gregg@EEEEEEgp.com
Back to It's Not the Giants